-Massachusetts Farm to School Project
The Mass. Farm to School Project works to build sustainable relationships between farms and a variety of institutions (including schools, colleges, and hospitals) in order to improve access to healthy, locally-grown foods and to strengthen the regional economy.
We support this mission through each of our program areas:
• Offering technical assistance and farm-to-institution “matchmaking” to farms, institutional food services, and food distributors
• Coordinating an annual Massachusetts Harvest for Students Week and distributing promotional materials for farm and food service use
• Operating the Massachusetts Farm to School Network to foster sharing of best practices amongst farm to school practitioners
• Coordinating an integrated farm to school Kindergarten Initiative in Worcester
• Engaging in regional food systems work to support farm to institution projects throughout New England
• Conducting annual research on the status of farm to institution-related sales and provide data to educators, community advocates, organizations, and government officials
Please visit www.massfarmtoschool.org for more information about our programs, resources and materials.