Use the quick guide to search through our resource database. You can search by topic, setting, or keywords in order to find exactly what you are looking for. Choose a filtering mechanism above to get started.
Farm to school is taking place in all 50 states, D.C. and U.S. Territories! Select a location from the list below to learn more or contact a Core Partner.
Farm to school is a grassroots movement, and anyone can get involved.
Farm to school offers multiple strategies to improve the health of children and communities. This list provides some simple first steps to develop a lasting farm to school program in your community.
1) Assess where you are and where you’d like to be. Are your goals centred on:
2) Form a team and collaborate. School food service staff, teachers, administrators, local farmers, students, parents and community organizations each have an important role in establishing a sustainable farm to school program.
3) Establish one or two attainable goals to get started. Some ideas include:
4) Learn from others. If you are running into an obstacle there is someone out there who has run into it before. Some places to connect and learn from others include:
5) Promote farm to school in your school and community.
To learn more, download our Getting Started with Farm to School fact sheet, our Getting Started with Farm to Early Care and Education fact sheet or our Starting a School Garden fact sheet.