- Visit the Utah Farm to School Website
- Visit the Farm to Fork Task Force website
- Visit the Utah State Board of Education Child Nutrition Program website
- Jordan School District Nutrition Services
- International Rescue Committee/New Roots
- Wasatch Community Gardens
- Salt Lake County Open Space and Urban Farming
The Farm to School movement in Utah is led by the Utah Farm to Fork Task Force, which brings together individuals and organizations across the state to build Farm to School and Early Care and Education initiatives. The Utah State Board of Education Child Nutrition Programs provide guidance and leadership for the Task Force. Recent Task Force accomplishments include:
- Development of a Grower-Buyer database, to connect Utah farmers with school food service directors.
- A listserv with a monthly newsletter highlighting farm to school news, trainings, and grant opportunities.
- An Instagram feed (@utfarm2fork) to showcase the farm to school accomplishments of schools and childcare centers around the state.
- An annual Apple Crunch to celebrate Farm to School Month, with individual events taking place statewide and at the state Capitol building. New in 2018 was a contest with some of our neighboring states for the most “crunchers”, which Utah won!
- An annual Farm to Summer event where summer meal participants have the opportunity to participate in agriculture education activities and interact with farm animals.